Friday, April 27, 2012

Baby Safari Animals




So Mr. KatieKwilts is in grad school and one day he asked me to take our 2 year old downstairs while he took an online quiz for a few hours.  I got down there and DS just wanted to play trains and wanted nothing to do with me so I wondered back into my fabric stash to see what kind of trouble I might be able to get into.  I had 2 yards of this cute baby blue safari animal fabric that I bought a while back on a really good sale but had no plans one what I was going to do with it.  So, I set out on a mission to make a quilt using the 2 yards of fabric as the backing, batting, and a border and to make the postage stamp interior out of scraps of fabric that I had left from various projects.  It took some time, but as you can see the results are great.  There's all sorts of little children's characters mixed in and delightful prints.  Plus, the only thing that I didn't have in my stash was the quilting threads, the orange inner border and the batting so I didn't have to spend a bunch of time with a screaming 2 year old at the fabric store!  Bonus!  I absolutely love doing these postage stamp quilts, and they turn out fantastic, the only problem is my scrap collection is starting to get a little picked over.  It's still in pretty good shape, but I've been going through the scraps lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment